Chinstrap buckle

khakiweb

I finally talked the antique store owner down to a less-unreasonable price for this front-seam helmet, and was wondering if anyone knows of a source for the other half (with the concussion ball) of the add-on buckle. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

db1.jpg

helmet sn.jpg

hsn2.jpg

Burning Hazard

Hey Khakiweb,

Are you planning on installing the ball part? Attaching to the buckle side may require some force and and may scratch the patina, I'd leave it as is. It is likely that the hook was used as an extension to tie the chinstrap behind the shell.

Pat

at the end of ww2 around 44 they added the t1 connector. they added t1 hooks to some of the helmets they had. if it was me i would leave it just the way it is as an example and not put the ball on. but if you want to put the ball on j murray ink sells the orignal t1 hook and ball add ons.

It looks like the laundry number on the strap looks to be in a different hand than the one on the helmet? It's hard to tell from the photo, but is the number after the G-  a 7 with the hook and bar? 149249949_2097209235_helmetsn.jpg.ba68b3ee1eb95f75f68f823957b96c73(1).jpg.723a179a6de811b972adc0e53243dfd0.jpg