m1911 ammo pouch and 2 magazines

HattonWWII

Hey guys and gals, 

I am just curious what you all think this item is worth all together, I am not sure where to begin with it as I am rusty. Any help would be appreciated. Magazines are from a Remington rand pistol.

45Set1.JPG

45Set2.JPG

45set3.JPG

45set4.JPG

45set5.JPG

45set6.JPG

45set7.JPG

45set8.JPG

45set9.JPG

45set10.JPG

45set11.JPG

45set12.JPG

The toe stamp on the top of the magazine base is what most heavily influences value.  

G, R, L, or S?

And if they are anything other than “G” marked, please check the under-side for a “C-?” stamp.

The value of the pouch is negligible.  

Blacksmith, they are both marked L on the toe stamp and one of them has what appears to be a very faint C on the under-side but only could be seen under a heavy light. 

4 hours ago, HattonWWII said:

Blacksmith, they are both marked L on the toe stamp and one of them has what appears to be a very faint C on the under-side but only could be seen under a heavy light. 

That helps, thank you.  The one with the “C” marked base would have originally shipped with a Colt 1911A1.  Both magazines are made by M. S. Little Manufacturing Company, who operated out of Hartford, CT.

Based on the pics provided, both appear to be in fair to good condition.  I see some pitting on each, and one looks like it may have gotten some steel wool action.  Reasonable show price would be in the $25 - $35 range each.  The pouch, because the stenciling gives it character, I’d say $10.  If I saw it on a table, I probably wouldn’t walk by it for $50 as a lot - for $70, I would.