Kelly's Heroes

Lanyard

The movie Kelly's Heroes came out around 1970.  Filmed in Spain it used M4s from that country and a Tiger I replica built onto a Russian tank.

Several years ago for Christmas my son and daughter gave me this model of the Sherman commanded by  "Oddball" (Donald Southerland).  The kit is probably about a 1/55 scale.  It came in 5 major cast metal parts,  the body, turret, main gun, left and right running gear/tracks.  Small parts were also cast in metal.

The figure is Oddball wearing his brown leather A2 jacket.

KH3.jpg

KH2.jpg

KH4.jpg

Great looking model, love the detail! Just a minor correction about the movie though, it was filmed in the former Yugoslavia and the M-4s were locally sourced. I served there in 2001 with the UN and saw the remnants and wrecks of many Sherman’s in wrecking yards and a couple in a field. 👍🏼😊

4 minutes ago, 1canpara said:

Great looking model, love the detail! Just a minor correction about the movie though, it was filmed in the former Yugoslavia and the M-4s were locally sourced. I served there in 2001 with the UN and saw the remnants and wrecks of many Sherman’s in wrecking yards and a couple in a field. 👍🏼😊

Negative waves, Moriarty...  negative waves...

The Shermans used in the movie were relatively ''rare'' variants

M4A3E6 big hatch Shermans with the Ford GAA Engines

Turrets were the 75mm high bustle version , but upgunned with the M1A1C 76mm Gun typically done post war for Mil Aid programs

• 4 weeks later...
ItemCo16527

This is awesome, or as Oddball would say, "righteous and beautiful".  This is one of my all-time favorite movies and Oddball is my favorite movie character.

Great job!

aerialbridge

Cool model.   1970 was a great year for movies (and soundtracks)  Besides Kelly's Heroes,  there was Patton,  Tora Tora Tora, MASH, and an interesting made for TV movie, Tribes, that was popular enough to get released in European theaters,

• 6 months later...