USAAF B5 flying Helmet

Squale69

Hello,

Please find pictures of my recent acquisition / a USAAF B5 flying helmet !

(not so easy to highlight with the damaged label)

Bonus: The owner's name is sewn at the back !

Could someone help me find out a little more and get information on the owner ?

or just give me some tracks to follow ?

Thank you. P.A

IMG_7016.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7017.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7020.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

That is a good looking flying helmet. Nice!!!!! White is a very common last name. Your gonna have to do cold search's with what little information you have on line and hope something lines up. I start with what you have then add USAAF and then other words like Ben or Barny stuff like that  looking for connections.

Nice helmet!  X2 on P-59A's comments.  It is going to be a tough research project since White is a pretty common last name and you don't have a first name to go off of.  Try to work back from where you got it from and maybe you can piece together some clues.  Attached are 2 Air Medal award cards that might give you a good start.  They were the only 2 "B. B. White" I could find.  Given this is an early B-5 (instead of the later B-6), Boyd White would be where I would start given the dates he was awarded the AM.  I suspect he would be the one that would have had a B-5 issued to him.  This is not to say that these two guys are it.  Just a starting point for your research.  Good luck!

download (48).png

download (49).png

download (47).png