Tiger Stripe Boonie hats, berets and Cowboy hats

pwmiraldi67

Andrei, I would love to but it is huge, I have uniforms, flight gear, tons of paper, plaques, patches enough to fill 3 large plastic bins, almost 30 years of service. Maybe one day when I have some time I'll start a thread with his stuff. Thanks for the interest, Mark

Guy

I gave that hat to Paul .

It is a cracker !!!

I love the zig pattern .

TBM

Your tiger hat is fantastic .

I have had a green one with the exact same make up .

Top shelf

owen

Andrei, I would love to but it is huge, I have uniforms, flight gear, tons of paper, plaques, patches enough to fill 3 large plastic bins, almost 30 years of service. Maybe one day when I have some time I'll start a thread with his stuff. Thanks for the interest, Mark

Yes, a thread would be great.

Then I have you to thank as well, cheers Mate. It's one of my favourites.

TBM the group sounds amazing, I look forward to the thread.

Here's a couple of berets.

post-1781-1233658862.jpg

HI Patrick,

thank you for your kind words. These 3 only contain size labels, one with a manufacturers label and a rip stop are the ones I need to complete the set as It were. Hopefully they will turn up eventually.

Yours, Guy.

Here is my ARVN bonnie hat collection. Even though it is not fit the subject but it is rare.

Hi ,

The ARVN ERDL BOONIE is not good one for me ,XUONG IB agree it

Cheers jerome

Hi ,

The ARVN ERDL BOONIE is not good one for me ,XUONG IB agree it

Cheers jerome

Bonjour,

Unfortunately crying.gif , I confirm Beo Gam assessment. It has the evil XUONG IB stamp. A lot of fakes berets, boonies and some uniforms in different camo materials (different tigers, ERDL) appeared on the militaria market straight from VN in the mid 90's.

Sorry

Valery

mobilestrikeforce
The nylon band is the dead give away.

I think ARVN issue bonnie hat comes with nylon band. Those in country made ARVN camo bonnie hats come with camo band. Also the vent hole on the hat is different.

mobilestrikeforce
No, I have never seen a VN made boonie with a nylon band, issue or otherwise.

The ARVN soldier in the photo is wearing an issued ARVN bonnie hat.

post-3728-1234262674.jpg

mobilestrikeforce

Photo of ARVN issued Tiger pattern bonnie hat with nylon band. The vent hole is different from in country made Tiger pattrn bonnie hat.

post-3728-1234262736.jpg

vintageproductions

This ARVN tiger stripe boonie hat is a copy that was sold to buyers early, when Vietnam first opened for the tourists trade.

"The ARVN soldier in the photo is wearing an issued ARVN bonnie hat."

How can you tell whether the hat band is nylon or made of the same material as the hat? The only time I've seen nylon bands on ARVN cammo hats are the fakes coming out of VN. If I saw an ARVN hat with the nylon hat band I'd be VERY skeptical of it being real or "issue".

Bonsoir,

Sorry to confirm the fellow members previous answers but your tiger boonie hat is a modern copy, made as for myself in VN. The stamped mark is a pure nonsense for tiger heagears and grommets are little bit different from the period made. I never seen authentic ARVN boonie with such foliage band.

Sorry again

Valery

hochiminhtrail

yes i can confirm that to, i bought a complete set, with pants, shirt and boonie, in saigon in 1997, it s exactly the same boonie hat as shown here.

Cheers

Alex

Bonsoir,

Sorry to confirm the fellow members previous answers but your tiger boonie hat is a modern copy, made as for myself in VN. The stamped mark is a pure nonsense for tiger heagears and grommets are little bit different from the period made. I never seen authentic ARVN boonie with such foliage band.

Sorry again

Valery