Tiger Stripe Boonie hats, berets and Cowboy hats

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrei, I would love to but it is huge, I have uniforms, flight gear, tons of paper, plaques, patches enough to fill 3 large plastic bins, almost 30 years of service. Maybe one day when I have some time I'll start a thread with his stuff. Thanks for the interest, Mark

"The Dude Abides"

donation2007.gif

Andrei, I would love to but it is huge, I have uniforms, flight gear, tons of paper, plaques, patches enough to fill 3 large plastic bins, almost 30 years of service. Maybe one day when I have some time I'll start a thread with his stuff. Thanks for the interest, Mark

Yes, a thread would be great.

"One law for them, another one for us !"

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2007.gif

Hi ,

The ARVN ERDL BOONIE is not good one for me ,XUONG IB agree it

Cheers jerome

Bonjour,

Unfortunately crying.gif , I confirm Beo Gam assessment. It has the evil XUONG IB stamp. A lot of fakes berets, boonies and some uniforms in different camo materials (different tigers, ERDL) appeared on the militaria market straight from VN in the mid 90's.

Sorry

Valery

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

"The ARVN soldier in the photo is wearing an issued ARVN bonnie hat."

How can you tell whether the hat band is nylon or made of the same material as the hat? The only time I've seen nylon bands on ARVN cammo hats are the fakes coming out of VN. If I saw an ARVN hat with the nylon hat band I'd be VERY skeptical of it being real or "issue".

Bonsoir,

Sorry to confirm the fellow members previous answers but your tiger boonie hat is a modern copy, made as for myself in VN. The stamped mark is a pure nonsense for tiger heagears and grommets are little bit different from the period made. I never seen authentic ARVN boonie with such foliage band.

Sorry again

Valery

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

yes i can confirm that to, i bought a complete set, with pants, shirt and boonie, in saigon in 1997, it s exactly the same boonie hat as shown here.

Cheers

Alex

Bonsoir,

Sorry to confirm the fellow members previous answers but your tiger boonie hat is a modern copy, made as for myself in VN. The stamped mark is a pure nonsense for tiger heagears and grommets are little bit different from the period made. I never seen authentic ARVN boonie with such foliage band.

Sorry again

Valery

looking for Vietnamese CSDC/NPFF wartime color slides to finish a publication

looking for Khmer FANK militaria