Tiger Stripe Boonie hats, berets and Cowboy hats

pwmiraldi67

vintageproductions

I bet the cowby boonie one has an odd light blue lining right?

The reason I know that is I made these. It was 1989 or 1990 and I was in Taipei buying out old patch manufacturers. I walked into one shop that catered to the ROC Marines, and they had samples of this cowboy boonie and then some soft bill caps, that had a purplish satin brim underliner. I ordered 100 of each to be made that day. I would bet 99% of the ones in collections now, are ones I made them. Before some jump off the handle and ask why I didn't mark them copies is because they weren't, they were current Taiwanese made.

Hi Mitch thanks for the kind words! :)

Yes the most boonies showing very minor wear or are unworn

Owen, I guess you are right with the 2 boonie but anyway there still looking very nice and they are good enough to wear for the summer ;)

Bob, yes it's the same typ of cowboy hat like the ones from Paul in post #12 & 13

Mike

Re looking at it now the shape is wrong

The inside looks ok though

The air vents ??

The cloth is good and I had one very similar but mine had the large late war vents

But please post what I said before you bought it please please please

This is why this forum is so great. The knowledge and information is priceless. I'm way too old to figure out all those tiger patterns let alone remember them and what name they have and whether it is a copy etc, etc.

Thanks ,

Mitch

I agree

Giving out free information that has taken a lifetime to learn sure has its ups and downs

However sharing can be fun also

Regarding the silly names tiger has is just that .....

Silly

Calling golds advisor pattern makes me sick to my stomach !!

It's gold for .......... Really rude word here !! Sake

mike ,

On the other hand your scrap made boonie is as good as they get and is "top shelf' !!!!

owen

Thanks, its one of my favorite bonnie as well!

• 1 year later...
USCapturephotos

Hello forum. I just picked these up from a buyer I know who clears out estates and such. This is out of my usual realm of collecting but couldn't pass up with the price and was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind giving me some feedback on these. I believe the salty od boonie is fine and I think S. Vietnamese made with theater insignia. What else do people notice about it. What about the tiger stripe boonie? I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks.

Paul

post-100030-0-71581400-1421010957.jpg

USCapturephotos

Last one. Thanks Owen and others for having a look. I appreciate the feedback as I plan on displaying these with my students when we cover the Vietnam War this year.

Paul

post-100030-0-58888300-1421011697.jpg

The Tiger is a hunting piece from the late 1970s.

I found one years ago in a different pattern and wanted it to be so real due to the burlap in the brim ...sadly it was not

As stated above the OD piece is good all day long.

owen

• 7 years later...