Tiger Stripe Boonie hats, berets and Cowboy hats

pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67

Hey Andrei

Thats a super cowboy hat!!!! one of the best Ive seen from that time period!! id love to own it, if you ever wanna part with it let me know!! :)

Ive got one almost identical named to a Capt Lueders, came with his uniform some pix, Latian jump wings and cert, 357. cowboy holster, Laotian CIB award, a bunch of cool stuff, heres a photo of him wearing the hat in 1962

paul*

post-2472-1237496802.jpg

Another of my fave piece of headgear.

post-467-1237822234.jpg

JUST ABSLUTLY SUPERB BERET ANDREI THE NEXT TIME I MEET YOU PLEASE SHOW ME IT

A+ J

Hey Andrei

Thats a super cowboy hat!!!! one of the best Ive seen from that time period!! id love to own it, if you ever wanna part with it let me know!! :)

Ive got one almost identical named to a Capt Lueders, came with his uniform some pix, Latian jump wings and cert, 357. cowboy holster, Laotian CIB award, a bunch of cool stuff, heres a photo of him wearing the hat in 1962

paul*

Paul,

Cpt Lueders's hat seems to be similar to Darnell's hat owned by Chris.

A.

pwmiraldi67
Paul,

Cpt Lueders's hat seems to be similar to Darnell's hat owned by Chris.

A.

Hey Andrei

Yea thats what chris and I think too, could have been made in the same shop around the same time, i'll post some better pix and close ups of the hat :)

Heres the hat with his WWII era wings and capt bars, and the side profile with the Leo Infantry badge,

thanks

paul

post-2472-1237838265.jpg

post-2472-1237838275.jpg

pwmiraldi67

heres his Laotian made para wings, they are really crude on the back along with his Laotian Combat action ribbon, their version of a CIB :)

thanks

paul

post-2472-1237838383.jpg

post-2472-1237838392.jpg

their version of a CIB

Hello Paul,

at the risk of breaking the "US" only rule with a resounding crash, i was always under the impression this medal was awarded for service during hostilities from the period of the late 1950's to the very early 1960's( which naturally fits the "White Star" time frame) as opposed to a CIB type award?

Naturally, i stand a very good chance of being entirely wrong.

Do you have any information regarding US personnel who were awarded it at a later date than this?

Patrick.

Hey Andrei

Yea thats what chris and I think too, could have been made in the same shop around the same time, i'll post some better pix and close ups of the hat :)

Heres the hat with his WWII era wings and capt bars, and the side profile with the Leo Infantry badge,

thanks

paul

Last time I attented a SOS, I think it was back in 2000 or 2001, I left a similar hat with the same captain bars which look more like Navy Lt's. The seller had another OG hat with the same rank and said he got them from the estate of an USAF advisor. I remember that he wanted $200 for both.

pwmiraldi67
Hello Paul,

at the risk of breaking the "US" only rule with a resounding crash, i was always under the impression this medal was awarded for service during hostilities from the period of the late 1950's to the very early 1960's( which naturally fits the "White Star" time frame) as opposed to a CIB type award?

Naturally, i stand a very good chance of being entirely wrong.

Do you have any information regarding US personnel who were awarded it at a later date than this?

Patrick.

Hey patrick

all I have is this from Hardy along with his paper work showing he served in 1961, although US personnel assigned to teams in the field could be awarded CIB if they were in combat with those units. This medal has Leuders name across the back inscribed and the hat also came from Hardy along with his loation jump cert too :)

heres the regs for a CIB in LAOS:

**Laos- from 19 April 1961 to 06 October 1962 a soldier must have been-

(1) Assigned as member of a White Star Mobile Training Team while the team was attached to or working with a unit of regimental (Groupment Mobile) or smaller size Forces Armee du Royaume (FAR), or with irregular type forces of regimental or smaller size.

(2) A member of MAAG Laos assigned as an advisor to a region or zone of FAR, or while serving with irregular type forces of regimental or smaller size.

(3) Personally under hostile fire while assigned as specified in (1) or (2) above.

paul

post-2472-1237849043.jpg

post-2472-1237849056.jpg

nguoi tien su

Hi Paul,

Is there any number on the back of the laotian wings?

This named medal is really scarce...

Thanks.

NTS

pwmiraldi67

Hey there

I know one of the wings is a Drago Paris, I'll look for a number the other is really crude Laotion sand cast and the back is really shinny.

The medal I belive has a number let me dig it out for ya and post a photo of the back :)

thanks

paul

post-2472-1237911241.jpg

post-2472-1237911267.jpg

Hello Paul,

thanks for the follow up posts.

That medal (and the certificate) is quite unique.

Very nice grouping.

Patrick.

• 3 weeks later...