Tiger Stripe Boonie hats, berets and Cowboy hats

pwmiraldi67

At much prompting from kammo-Man to show a few of my tiger boonie hats, Ive decided to start a new thread, since I couldnt find an existing one. If there is, please excuse me :)

here are my two favs, both SOG black boonies that reverse to tigerstripe. both are designed the same way with a green band on the tiger side, and what feels like straw sewn inside. Bob at Vintage production has one that is identical and Ive seen two others which are almost identical.

thanks

paul

post-2472-1233097562.jpg

post-2472-1233097546.jpg

post-2472-1233097526.jpg

post-2472-1233097514.jpg

post-2472-1233097499.jpg

post-2472-1233097464.jpg

Paul

Now that wee hat is one of the most crude boonies I have ever seen , but the funny thing is every one is pretty much the same .Not in a fake way but in that "Hi I have been there and am made from Scraps " way .

They are all stuffed with a weird straw so I am wondering is that to code ??

Keep posting ...

More .. more .

Please

owen

Paul

Now that wee hat is one of the most crude boonies I have ever seen , but the funny thing is every one is pretty much the same .Not in a fake way but in that "Hi I have been there and am made from Scraps " way .

They are all stuffed with a weird straw so I am wondering is that to code ??

Keep posting ...

More .. more .

Please

owen

OK all Bigger photos coming up!!! let me try and refigure the images!! damn technology!! Ive become my father!!

p

This is my favorite tiger stripe boonie hat.

It isn't mine but I hope to have it one day. w00t.gif

It was worn by my friend in 70-71 while he was in two III Corps A Dets.

He shortened the brim by simple cutting it.

leigh10.jpg

vintageproductions

I don't believe I have ever seen a real tiger stripe boonie hat with a neck cord. This is something that's seen on civilian type tiger stripe pieces.

craig_pickrall

Nice headgear guys. Paul I am looking forward to you blowing up your pics. If you need help we have a "HOW TO" thread I can point you to.

This is an old thread on boonie hats plus there may be several others scattered around the forum.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...boonie&st=0

Nice headgear guys. Paul I am looking forward to you blowing up your pics. If you need help we have a "HOW TO" thread I can point you to.

This is an old thread on boonie hats plus there may be several others scattered around the forum.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...boonie&st=0

thanks Craig

You the Man!!! nice headgear on your thread on headgear, Im gonna down load the pix and get prints made and then scan em, seems the only way, of course thats my last option,

this was one of my favirite too bad I had to sell it, boo hoo :(

thanks

paul

post-2472-1233206564.jpg

post-2472-1233206576.jpg

craig_pickrall

Are those old photos you are working from? Are they digital or just the printed pic? I may be able to help you and save the printing cost and time. If they are in a form that can be emailed then I can edit them in less that 30 minutes and have them posted. Let me know if I can help in any way.

thanks Craig

You the Man!!! nice headgear on your thread on headgear, Im gonna down load the pix and get prints made and then scan em, seems the only way, of course thats my last option,

this was one of my favirite too bad I had to sell it, boo hoo :(

thanks

paul

Are those old photos you are working from? Are they digital or just the printed pic? I may be able to help you and save the printing cost and time. If they are in a form that can be emailed then I can edit them in less that 30 minutes and have them posted. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hey craig

YOU GOT IT!!!

as soon as I get back from school I'll email em to ya

paul

vintageproductions

Here is a quick shot of mine that Paul mentioned. I have put more detailed photos in the pinned tiger stripe thread.

ts1.JPG

Hi guys, not a boonie or cowboy but how about a baseball cap. I got this in the grouping of a pilot in the 71st SOS, I don't think he wore it much. It has a hideous lime green lining and the number which I assume is a size. The Major's leaf is theater-made, his slant pocket shirt and flight suit have the same style of rank. Mark

post-527-1233363209.jpg

post-527-1233363218.jpg

post-373-1174771623.jpg

post-527-1233363226.jpg

Lovely cap Mark, the condition Is excellent!

Thought I'd post a couple of mine. This first one came from Paul a while ago, Thanks Paul.

Yours, Guy.

post-1781-1233572632.jpg