WWII Marine Raider Stiletto

C. Roelens

A beautiful example that appears to have been used very little, if at all! I'm looking to link W.G. Donnelly, Cpl. USMC, with the 2nd Para BN. Your comments, and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chuck 

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

According to a USMC Muster Roll from 1943, William G. Donnelly was in Co. G, 2nd Parachute Battalion, First Marine Parachute Regiment, First Marine Amphibious Corps.  Also saw where he was in Co. B and Co. C of the same 2nd ParaBn in 1942.  He enlisted 12 Dec 1939.  His service number was 278650.

8 minutes ago, aznation said:

According to a USMC Muster Roll from 1943, William G. Donnelly was in Co. G, 2nd Parachute Battalion, First Marine Parachute Regiment, First Marine Amphibious Corps.

Thank you... great information. 👍 

Source:  Ancestry.com

A 3-war vet, how about that, and at the time the oldest active-duty Marine to complete Drill Instructor School in 1964 at the age of 44.  Wow!

Sorry for the blurriness but not my fault.  It's how it showed but I think you'll be able to read most of it.

d3.jpg

1 hour ago, C. Roelens said:

Anybody willing to attempt finding out who Miss Mc Arthur, U.S. Navy was? 

It appears Miss McArthur might've been from North Carolina since it has (NC) after U.S. Navy but even then without a first name or middle initial it's going to be next to impossible to find out who exactly she was.

4 hours ago, C. Roelens said:

Anybody willing to attempt finding out who Miss Mc Arthur, U.S. Navy was? 

Probably a nurse, that's my guess.