sterling? para command jump wings real or repro

bought this few weeks ago it's shiny has no age to it wanted to send it back but seller said no. it has the same weight as a real one but the feel of it says no. i think it's a repro or a fake? any idea out there

DSCN2902.JPG

DSCN2903.JPG

DSCN2906.JPG

DSCN2904.JPG

DSCN2905.JPG

38 minutes ago, donaldnol said:

bought this few weeks ago it's shiny has no age to it wanted to send it back but seller said no. it has the same weight as a real one but the feel of it says no. i think it's a repro or a fake? any idea out there

DSCN2902.JPG

DSCN2903.JPG

DSCN2906.JPG

DSCN2904.JPG

DSCN2905.JPG

it appears to be casted?

I agree nothing wrong with this piece.  When sterling metal is exposed to air it will eventually tarnish so some manufacturers place a silver protective plating over the metal in an attempt to slow down this process.    

34 minutes ago, Tonomachi said:

I agree nothing wrong with this piece.  When sterling metal is exposed to air it will eventually tarnish so some manufacturers place a silver protective plating over the metal in an attempt to slow down this process.    

i know u guys mean well i trust most of the comments you guys say, but i'm calling this a repro something

8 minutes ago, donaldnol said:

i know u guys mean well i trust most of the comments you guys say, but i'm calling this a repro something

I would hazard a guess that between pfrost, Tonomachi and I that we have at least 125 years worth of combined collecting experience devoted to wings. I can tell you with great certainty that the wing is 100% original. I would also estimate its manufacture to the early to mid 1960's, so not quite as "new: as some may think. The wing is undoubtedly die struck, and a fair number of makers added the Senior and Master levels to the basic wing as seen here.

You may not have a good feeling about it, but it is what it was represented to be so long as it wasn't represented to be WWII vintage.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan H. said:

I would hazard a guess that between pfrost, Tonomachi and I that we have at least 125 years worth of combined collecting experience devoted to wings. I can tell you with great certainty that the wing is 100% original. I would also estimate its manufacture to the early to mid 1960's, so not quite as "new: as some may think. The wing is undoubtedly die struck, and a fair number of makers added the Senior and Master levels to the basic wing as seen here.

You may not have a good feeling about it, but it is what it was represented to be so long as it wasn't represented to be WWII vintage.

Allan

okay you could be right but one has to look and feel of this wing i feel nothing. thanks

I would take the wings to a jeweler to find out if the wings are sterling or not.  As for being fake, if they were sold as being WWII or later, then, yes, they are fake.  But if they sold as being airborne wings, then I say no.  Master wings are still being awarded and as long as they are not oversized, they can be worn on the dress uniform.  I had a friend order a set of Master wings made after being awarded the upgrade.  He had a set made while in Thailand on a training exercise.  As a side note, the Master and Senior rating was not created until 1949.

4 hours ago, donaldnol said:

okay you could be right but one has to look and feel of this wing i feel nothing. thanks

thank you all for your comments i do appreciate it