ID visor by FSN 1968 dated

phantomfixer

I searched the web for FSN 8415-933-9282, the results lead me to a couple of auctions with the same number on the box.

However, there were pictures of the corresponding clear visor below.

These small rail guides on both sides looked very specific to me, and a random picture result gave away the AFH-1.

After digging in that direction, I've indeed found similar shaped AFH-1 visors on Flight*elmet (AFH-1 smoked visor has the NSN 8415-933-9281) with these particular side guides.

Not 100% sure though, hopefully it will help.

1655827482_s-l1600(Small).jpg.2f4e07bc3876b9410bd4afcb5d216b02.jpg

Thanks much guys ! Awesome detective work...found a box full of helmet parts, all used...except these two visors...

Thanks again

Here is my AFH-1 Neutral visor with the FSN ending in 9281.  There is usually like a wire in between those 2 track guides taped in place but can go missing.  Both are here on this one but not shown.  I guess the APH-5 visors weren't polycarbonate.  Also when the SPH-4 came out in 69 I guess they had a problem with a few of the first lots of visors not being made of polycarbonate either so there was safety messages sent out looking for the affected lot numbers on the visors and they were to be swapped out.

AFH1f.jpg