Looking for information on this knife.

hunterman

Owner said this knife has been in his possession for over 50 years.  I've never seen one like it.  I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments.

IMG_6904.jpg.406ecdc1ee6cca46e841b0cd4bc34391.jpg

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6907.JPG

I feel like the sheath is trying to be an M6.  I’ve never seen a Boyt leather stamp like that.  It looks like it was done by a shop punch set.  Spacing is inconsistent, etc.  And the staples and rivets look odd.

I’d look to the knife experts, but - at first glance - I don’t feel great about the sheath.

52 minutes ago, hunterman said:

There are no other markings.

Thanks...that's interesting.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the knife may be able to add something.

Pretty sure this someones recreation /creation and not real old. The Boyt markings are added and not correct. BOYT never made a scabbard like this or had stamps or fonts even close.

Leather of handle and scabbard do not look 5 decades or more old. The blue fininsh looks force aged/darkened or heated to be darker. Cold blued knives often have a chemical smell to them

The blade appears to be a blade of a M1918 trench knife or copied from one. 

Just gives me the vibe of the Leather gripped knuckle knives that were appearing back in the late 1980s and early 1990s at the shows in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I still see them occasionally. They all were made by one individual. The blades were reworked M4 or M7 bayonet blades. Handles were stacked leather  and not grooved. The leather though darkened always smelled like newer leather I know one was posted here on the forum at one time.