Is it possible to verify this Bronze Star citation?

Frank-F70

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, I am a bit overwhelmed by the massive amounts of subforums around here.

I recently came across a master thesis about a Norwegian who appear to have been fighting in some sort of secret Norwegian troop of around 25 soldiers in the Korea war in 1952. Maybe in some sort of multinational UN unit, it's a bit unclear, and apparently not possible to verify with any available sources. Among the things in the story about Korea was what to me looks to be some sort of letter or telegram with a copy of the text from a Bronze Star citation, or maybe an announcement of some sort. It seems to be written on a type writer. I tried to have a look at it but I don't quite understand what I am reading. This is a 100% accurate reproduction of the text in the letter, I have left spelling errors as they were, and kept the capitalization and breaks. I removed the name just in case, but it's all public information:

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TO ALL WHO SHALL SEE THESE PRESENTS, GREETING:

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMER-

ICA AUTHORIZED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER , DECEMBER 24. 1952, HAS AWARDED THE

BRONZE STAR MEDAL, SECOND OAK LEAF CLUSTER, AND THE PURPLE HEART ME-

DAL TO

SERGEANT [NAME REMOVED]. 3. UN VOL., US 52755662, UNITED STATES

ARMY

FOR MERITORIOUS ACHIVEMENT IN GROUND OPERATIONS AGAINST HOSTILE FOR-

CES IN THE REPUBLIC OF COREA DURING THE PERIODE FROM JUNE 1952 TO

OCTOBER 1952.

It was signed by Charles M. Gettys according to the thesis.

Anyone who got any ideas on this? Is it real? Why is the Purple Heart mixed in with what appears to be a citation on the Bronze Star?

SC.JPG.c1a03ec011b2c2758660a5d5fa901f5e.JPG

@joeclown This is the whole thing as published in the thesis. As far as I can tell from what I've read there's never been found an actual original or the medals themselves.

When looking at the text on the Bronze Star on Wikipedia, shouldn't the executive order have said 4 February 1944 at the time (1952)? What's up with December 24. 1952? 

With the service number being 52755662, that individual would've enlisted from one of the following states.

52: Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

1 hour ago, aznation said:

With the service number being 52755662, that individual would've enlisted from one of the following states.

52: Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

Hm, ok. So since he was supposed to have been recruited by the US Army while serving under the Norwegian Army in Germany he should have gotten a number starting with 50, or maybe 57, 58 or 59? I looked at the wikipedia article on service numbers

Also, if there is a medal, is it engraved with his name on the backside?

@joeclown By chance I just saw that there was more text on that citation, this is the full thing, if that's of any more help:

spacer.png

The second last line is in Norwegian. I'm not quite sure what the first word translates to, maybe order of presentation or handover. The rest says that it has a seal and stamp from the War Office.