Unknown old US Navy patch

Tonomachi

This might be a WW2 era or 1950s era patch. I've seen similar designs having to do with cargo handling but this is something else due to the machine guns in the tentacles. Does anyone know what this is.

post-1389-1233085732.jpg

post-1389-1233085757.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

Looks similar to a UDT patch from the 50's. It's just a hunch, it looks similar but I'm no expert in that patch area. Hope this helps

Looks similar to a UDT patch from the 50's. It's just a hunch, it looks similar but I'm no expert in that patch area. Hope this helps

Is this what you were thinking about. I believe this was drawn on the bottom of a rubber inflatable boat of the type used by the Naval Combat Demolition Units during WW2. I've never seen it made into a patch. Do you remember seeing this design as a patch.

post-1389-1233111849.jpg

This might be a WW2 era or 1950s era patch. I've seen similar designs having to do with cargo handling but this is something else due to the machine guns in the tentacles. Does anyone know what this is.

What size is the patch? I'm guessing it's a USN squadron patch. I've seen it before but will need to do some digging in my files for an ID. I'll let you know what I find out but think it's either an FASRON CASU or VC squadron. If you need a new home for it, PM me. Jeffro

What size is the patch? I'm guessing it's a USN squadron patch. I've seen it before but will need to do some digging in my files for an ID. I'll let you know what I find out but think it's either an FASRON CASU or VC squadron. If you need a new home for it, PM me. Jeffro

This patch is up for bid on eBay (# 300288792791) and is described as being 5 inches across. I was curious as to what it was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...