Hand Grenade Mania, I found another one, on eBay no less.

rldarmstr

Kaptainssurplus
8 hours ago, rldarmstr said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T13-Beano-World-War-2/313287008253?hash=item48f15c5ffd:g:TJ0AAOSwGMtfoyOl

I know the Beano grenade is semi rare but the last one  I bought, cost me $300.   And, it had all the internal parts.

Word of warning, not sure if it's a scam or the same guy trying to sell the beano, but I have seen those same photos many times across the web, even offered to me 5yrs ago. So be careful if you are looking to buy a beano and these photos are used. 

Kaptainssurplus
10 hours ago, rldarmstr said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T13-Beano-World-War-2/313287008253?hash=item48f15c5ffd:g:TJ0AAOSwGMtfoyOl

I know the Beano grenade is semi rare but the last one  I bought, cost me $300.   And, it had all the internal parts.

Also if you bought a beano for $300, that is the best deal I have ever heard of for one. Usually they are $800-2000, depending on variant, condition, completeness. 

The Beano I bought, was off of Craig's list. Guy had a grand daughter that need medical attention and he needed the money.  I felt kind'a bad but that's what he was asking and didn't want to wait around with an auction.

As for Beano's in general; I have had a few over the years and none were over $400. Pawn Stars gave some people the idea that they were worth a lot more. My experience hasn't verified that.

There was a Shinkle grenade sold on this forum a while back, I think the seller took $700 or $800 for it.  That grenade is for more scarce, at least in my opinion. If I had seen it sooner I would have given that for it, easily.

Kaptainssurplus
On 1/30/2021 at 6:47 AM, rldarmstr said:

The Beano I bought, was off of Craig's list. Guy had a grand daughter that need medical attention and he needed the money.  I felt kind'a bad but that's what he was asking and didn't want to wait around with an auction.

As for Beano's in general; I have had a few over the years and none were over $400. Pawn Stars gave some people the idea that they were worth a lot more. My experience hasn't verified that.

There was a Shinkle grenade sold on this forum a while back, I think the seller took $700 or $800 for it.  That grenade is for more scarce, at least in my opinion. If I had seen it sooner I would have given that for it, easily.

Wow a shinkle for that cheap, that's crazy. I have never seen a shinkle that cheap. Your prices are for sure way cheaper than normal. And yes the shinkle is very rare, much more so than the beano, which is actually not so rare (even know people say and its said to be the rarest grenade, it's not even close). For example inert complete marked examples of the M26 are harder to find than the beano. 

I saw the Shinkle here in the "for sale" section and watched it for a couple days. I finally offered up $950 but the seller replied that he was sorry, it had been already sold. He had neglected to remove or mark the ad as sold.

He sold it for $800