Jenkel Jewelers: examples and patterns

GeneralLucas

I have only seen two Jenkel made wings and I do not know what ratings they actually made. I think they just made sweetheart wings but I am unsure. Gen. Lucas

post-1658-1332003097.jpg

GeneralLucas
I have only seen two Jenkel made wings and I do not know what ratings they actually made. I think they just made sweetheart wings but I am unsure. Gen. Lucas

post-1658-1332003236.jpg

• 2 years later...

#4. A 1 3/4 inch Pilot wing by "Jenkel Jewelers." Lots of Blackinton-style detail in the feathering.

IMG_5646.JPG

• 2 months later...

Have had these wings for a long time now and I just dug them back out of a tub. Have been taking pictures of the hallmarks on my wings and I came across this one.

I have not been able to find too much information about the manufacturer.

These are 2 inch wings and I have several other sets of flight surgeon wings that came in a group that I will post later. There were 4 sets of flight surgeon wings in the group, 2 were full 3 inch size, one N.S. Meyer and the other LGB Balfour. Both are 1/20 Gold filled and then 2 pairs of 2 inch wings, the Jenkel Jewelers marked and a Balfour pair. They are all gold in color, with the Jenkel wings looking almost gilt washed.

Leigh

post-5554-0-61119700-1413599953.jpg

post-5554-0-70572300-1413600084.jpg

Jenkel Jewelers was located in San Diego and they produced both USAAC and USN wings and insignia in small numbers. I've not seen the Flight Surgeon variation before. Thank you for posting.

Rustywings,

Thanks for the information. I did notice that Jenkel was from California with a quick search but it did not reveal any history of the company..

Glad I was able to contribute to the forum with a wing that has a not so common manufacturers mark..

Patchcollector: Thank you too for your comment..

Leigh

• 6 years later...

Hi All, 

I was very lucky and was able to pick up the Jenkel Jewelry cap sized Glider wing.   I was really interested to see the loop at the hinge for some type of sweetheart attachment.  20210128_200918.jpg.08a5e4ba7f5cda5bf7888e8572740c4a.jpg20210128_200840.jpg.9391555f0d63362b542f6ff9d1cb3429.jpg

I have seen the Glider Pilot and Pilot wings from Jenkel but no others.  Has anyone else seen other ratings from Jenkel?

Marty

• 1 year later...
5thwingmarty

I recently picked up a matchbook from Jenkel Jewelers.  I don't know if the knight and shield were ever used as logos on any of their jewelry.

RIMG2834.JPG

RIMG2833.JPG