Poplin Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Construction

0bx

I recently ran across a USMC SSI that the seller claims is a poplin variation. While twill patches are fairly common, I don't think I have seen a poplin variation before. The construction is obviously different than twill, however, I am wondering whether or not some WW2 era patches were in fact constructed from poplin? Would appreciate any comments.

Which Marine patch was it? Is there a picture available?  I know there is a 6th Division variation that I often see referred to as being on linen as the base material is thinner than the slightly thicker twill.

14 hours ago, Siamundo said:

Which Marine patch was it? Is there a picture available?  I know there is a 6th Division variation that I often see referred to as being on linen as the base material is thinner than the slightly thicker twill.

Thanks for your comment. It was a WW 2 USMC 2nd Marine Division patch. I have a 6th Div on twill as well as a 6th Div on linen. As you mentioned, the linen patch is thin. You can literally see through it if held up to the light. After looking around the USMF as well as ebay, I found a few US Army and AAF patches in poplin. So I guess poplin patches are not so unusual. I just had not seen any poplin USMC patches before.