Holster and belt

doyler

I picked this set up a while back as it appears to be a Vietnamese made rig.Very light construction.Has a almost paper type backing material on the back side of the belt.Appears to be for a small frame Smith and Wesson.Has the extra bullet loops on the holster.I have seen these in various photos worn by Air Cav,Air Force, Navy,Army and Marines.What do you think??

RON

post-342-1233033889.jpg

post-342-1233033812.jpg

I´m sure this is a good one! thumbsup.gif

I picked this set up a while back as it appears to be a Vietnamese made rig.Very light construction.Has a almost paper type backing material on the back side of the belt.Appears to be for a small frame Smith and Wesson.Has the extra bullet loops on the holster.I have seen these in various photos worn by Air Cav,Air Force, Navy,Army and Marines.What do you think??

RON

post-342-1233033889.jpg

post-342-1233033812.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hi Ron:

Nice piece. These theater made western style holster rigs have never really attracted much collector attention but as a US holster collector I think they are interesting. They are frequently seen being worn in contemporary photos by aircrew. I have heard that the leather used in these holster rigs was often donated by water buffalo.

Here is a pic of such a holster, in this case it was for the M1911 pistol. Photo was taken at Bien Hoa AB.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

BienHoaVietnam1967ChopperGunnerWest.jpg

I saw a photo of one for a .38 revolver in my Warman's VIETNAM WAR COLLECTABLES book, they call it a "Locally made holster"

looks like you found a nice "locally made holster" from Vietnam