Shirt Size Wing and Prop

hirsca

Found this:

2. Another early one is "Meyer Metal" in two lines with an arrow between the words. This one is also seen in a lot of brass from the 1920s and 1930s.

From a post by Bob Capistrano March 30, 2008 in a thread about N. S. Meyer hallmarks.

Al

I think you answered your own question.  I would have said probably 20's to 30's.  I don't know if there was any certain date Meyer stopped using this particular hallmark.

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be that the original clutch posts broke off and this is a jeweler's repair? I'm just asking as I have a collar disc like this with an unexpected pin closure. You can see on the back where the original screw post snapped off and a repair was made. Below is a photo of my disc for your reference.

Disc Back.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, 5thwingmarty said:

I think you answered your own question.  I would have said probably 20's to 30's.  I don't know if there was any certain date Meyer stopped using this particular hallmark.

Sorry for the late reply.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Al

• 1 year later...

Maybe some one can help identify. I got these from a Militaria Shop. The claim was they are pre-war 1930s. T snowflake pattern is interesting and the details sharp. The pics don't do it justice. Notice the raised edges on back of propeller. No Markings. over 1 inch.

IMG_2843[19062].jpg

IMG_2845[19060].jpg