B-5 flight helmet with A-10 oxygen and headset

P-59A

TheCrustyBosun
1 minute ago, P-59A said:

OOOPS! I listed the O2 as a A-10, that is not correct. It is a A-9 oxygen mask, my bad!

I missed it too. Looked at it too quick. I think rigs like this are interesting. 

Cool. That B-5 almost looks like it had the small round holes that were later covered by leather. What does the inside show? Just wondering how well one could hear through the leather.

Not criticizing - all great stuff!

Dave

dmar, Very good!! it did have the round holes. When they put that cover on they reinforced the cheek with that strip of leather. I have never plugged that head set in, but I have been in a B-24 and they really are not that loud. Unless maybe your being hit by flak, but I really wouldn't know how loud that was. Just saying 😁

I agree, There are so many variations in just the four years we were in WW2.  Between flyers caps, O2 masks, com gear and goggles and upgrades to older gear all sorts of combinations were floating around from theater to theater and year to year. Not to mention the proto types.

dmar, No ill will was detected. That cap was clearly upgraded for the early part of WW2. It should show indications of its previous configuration. So who is going to start the new thread?