Custom WW II-KW Ribbon Bar

Brian Keith

Here is an attractive ribbon bar of a soldier who served in the Army in WW II than went into the US Air Force during the Korean War. It is on blue Air Force material backing. Sorry to say, I have no history on the one who earned these. I really like how nice the stars are, it is also unusual to see a star on the American Defense Ribbon.

Thanks for looking,

BKW

AFRB 001.jpg

Fantastic group! I'm surprised to see he had both the Silver Star and Distinguished Flying Cross, but no Air Medals. Very unusual considering he was in the Pacific long enough to earn four battle stars, so you'dthink he'd have gotten at least one. It's too bad there's no name with it. I'd love to know this guy's story!

Thanks for your comments and insight Jeff. I agree that it would be excellent to have this man's name and associated history. It is just something I picked up and the vet history had been lost prior to my purchasing it. He was enlisted (at least for several years, Army Good Conduct Medal w/two knots). He might not have been air crew, he may have just been at the right/place/right time to earn the DFC.

BKW

That didn't occur to me, but it makes a lot of sense. Not sure what MOS would have put him in a position where he could earn a DFC. Maybe an Artillery Forward Observer who flew aboard a Grasshopper and happened to get a DFC for the flight? Stranger things have happened! Thanks for posting and giving us something to puzzle over!