USMC LWH MARPAT Cover question

AKC123

I recently got this LWH and noticed after inspecting it that there seems to be no markings or contract numbers or maker or anything like that on it. Usually these have a black ink stamp with all this info up near the front rim of the cover. I see nothing on this on either side. There are a couple of hand written markings in marker but no stamp. Does anyone know of it is normal for some of these to not be marked? Or so I have something weird? It is reversible with the woodland marpat on the other side. It clearly worn. I don’t know if they make commercial versions. Thanks 

81691D0A-C1A4-481D-B0B2-2C06AA4EEFB2.jpeg

7AC8748A-A90F-4790-9592-D9C579ABEB6E.jpeg

2A20DC6B-6C37-49F1-9E04-35AC0C6C72BC.jpeg

E16DE81A-5A95-4B08-8266-BF2B6CDBCDBF.jpeg

DE325DDB-2984-415F-B86D-831A49D2F62B.jpeg

2E0C63FE-5CE5-4BF1-8164-F70CC91AFD46.jpeg

4C1A5881-558A-4C0B-8F44-EC0FAA965AF8.jpeg

Also one of the trapezoidal pads is marked as being made by ceradyne and with different font then the rest. The others are marked but I don’t see a maker. Just the NSN number and the description which all say advanced combat 

The markings on the cover tend to fade after a few washes or some use and it is not out of the norm to have different manufacturer pads as they get misplaced or are put together sets. 

2 hours ago, MAJAVI said:

The markings on the cover tend to fade after a few washes or some use and it is not out of the norm to have different manufacturer pads as they get misplaced or are put together sets. 

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was just faded away but normally I’d expect to see some remnants. Good to know. I know that shortly after this contract the Marine Corps started acquiring ECH’s which I believe are made by ceradyne. So makes sense that if a marine needed another pad maybe he got one from an ECH or a spare set for an ECH.  

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
6 hours ago, shadawg said:

it has the ega integral to the camo, it is official usmc issue. aftermarket patterns will not exhibit these

That might have been true of the first generation of knock-offs but not anymore.

Seen plenty of knockoffs with the EGA and one of my original LWH covers doesn’t have any. Luckily there aren’t too many knockoffs being made and the ones that are, you can tell the difference in quality/details. OPs cover is legit though. 

4 hours ago, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

That might have been true of the first generation of knock-offs but not anymore.

seems like theyll be as dangerous as ww2 usmc covers before too long then i suppose

On 2/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, MAJAVI said:

Seen plenty of knockoffs with the EGA and one of my original LWH covers doesn’t have any. Luckily there aren’t too many knockoffs being made and the ones that are, you can tell the difference in quality/details. OPs cover is legit though. 

Thanks for all the replies. I’m not sure the frequency of the EGA in the pattern itself but it might be that given the small size of a helmet cover that there will be some that cut from bolts of fabric that happen to not catch any of the EGA’s in the pattern. I haven’t looked really but I don’t think there are that many to be found on an MCCUU which is obviously several times larger than a helmet cover. Similar to how there are certain shapes in Erdl and woodland that you instantly recognize (my favorite I call the tuning fork) but there are helmet covers and hats sometimes where that shape isn’t shown because it’s place in the pattern wasn’t caught on that particular cut of the fabric