M-1 Helmet Camo Thoughts?

TCSchultz

My friend turned up this McCord flex bail front seam M-1 with a replacement chin strap that has this camo paint scheme that appears post war as it's glossy. Wanted to get opinions as to if that is the case or not.  Didn't get the heat treat number but it's in the 900's

Camo Helmet 4.JPG

Camo Helmet 1.JPG

Camo Helmet 2.JPG

Camo Helmet 3.JPG

Appears freshly masked to me and lots of areas with brown paint over older chips. A give away.

They didn't have spray cans back then so such numerous runs were not very common over such small areas. It also looks like the wrong color if they were going for that gas paint.

Can't comment on the actual lid but the repro job looks very amateur to me.

JMO,

Dave

The chin strap seems to be riveted, might be post WW2 usage in Europe (in case it was not a field repair). I am not an expert but I know that Danish M1 helmets (and clones) have riveted chinstraps (and French ones from a limited period), just the chin strap color normally looks different, if I recall correctly.

Karsten

Chin straps are Euro clone chinstraps, you can see that the wave is completely wrong and it was painted recently 

Walk away from this one 

Thanks for the feedback which I shared with the owner and he was most appreciated for it.  Didn't have much into it so not an issue.