Hello from the Hoosier State

ncin1911

Have been lurking and using the forum as a research/learning tool for awhile; thought was time to join.

My grandfather served with the 8th 155mm Gun Battalion III Amphibious Corps.

Sure miss him.

Grandpa_III-Amphibious-Corps.jpg

Grandpa_III-Amphibious-Corps_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome fellow Hoosier! If you already haven't noticed, this is the best militaria forum anywhere! Do you collect or accumulate information related to your grandfather?  I'm sure you have already noticed the level of knowledge and help this forum provides, as I said, it's the best.  Thanks for joining and look forward to hearing from you.

Steve

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do have several items from my grandfather's service, including quite a number of pictures he brought back. Believe these three were all taken on Okinawa.
Grandpa on right in first pic and middle in second pic next to 155mm gun.
086bbb6a4e32d3d4f98390caca9c1623.jpg5a18f4f56a70bdf79428ae4480bd92ec.jpge363e626d65f800dd3fdb32b9491a3ca.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great photos, you are very lucky  to have them! Please, more photos if possible.  Thanks,

Steve

Welcome! Great photos. Long Tom...My dad was Army  but the 155mm Howitzer. It seems like most veterans had maybe three war time pics of them selves. Great that you knew him. 

I always thought that was the nicest of all the USMC WW2 patches

IMG_2022.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Great photos you have. You should start a topic specifically devoted to your grandfather. These introduction posts are soon forgotten.

Welcome from Anderson!  Great group of pictures of your grandfather.  I was Indiana National Guard artillery w/ Honest John Rocket & 105 howitzer.  You will enjoy this site, very helpful.