ww2 heat stamp number

phil b

i have a question. i bought a helmet this weekend. its a rear seam. the welds on the edge are the same as the other helmets i have. the heat stamp number is 1224 then what looks like an I...........i compared it to all the other helmets i have. the size of the numbers are the same size and shape as all the rest. its in the general location as the rest......the rim and bails are all the same. it looks identical to the rest of my helmets. im unabe to post pics . i dont have taptak......... i was just woundering if there is a ww2 helmet heat stamp that ends with an I or is it a european  clone ? thank for the help

Are there Euro clone helmets with heat lot stamps? Sounds like a standard late war shell to me. I'm assuming it's a swivel loop and you made no mention of any straps either so my information is limited.

it is a swivel and the chin straps are sowed on like the ww2 but the loops that are sowed together are shorter then  the ww2......the part around the bail

i thought it was late war but the letter at the end of the number is throwing me off. ive seen a b and c but no other letters before

To post pics, I take a phone shot and email them via my phone to my own email account. Then I get on the PC and open my email. I save the images to the PC. From there it is easy to "choose files" at the bottom of the post.

Dave

There are probably more lot number letters than you think. Photos would certainly help. I'll take a photo on my iPhone and when selecting it to add to a thread, click on "actual size" to pick a smaller version.