Dress White MP Cap - Help !!!

doughboy

Hi altogether,

I'm looking for a Dress White MP Cap to complete my uniform.I found some of them on ebay, but I'm really confused about all those sellers.One seller has a old new stock - what do you think ? is

it a good one ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-Military-Police-MP-White-Service-Dress-Uniform-Hat-Cap-7-3-4-62/124471122603?hash=item1cfb0e9aab:g:r9YAAOSwWlhfyge0

and here is another one which is a Top replica: ( yes,it is a replica - I contacted the seller and he told me that it's a replica made in Pakistan )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-Military-Police-MP-Enlisted-Service-Dress-Whites-Hat-Cap/202979397266?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2f4283ce92:g:ZxQAAOSwD75eqx6X&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAACcBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkrmmq8hWevtuKE7%2F%2BLfVXtrSa99gYOVaEiUG8M8Zxw0Ke0oCpsFREiraEPc8OvCf02QXENxpVU8IHEkYQ0qj2dmaCmNF%2BOb%2BEeCaKONierF20R%2FfLF5YPQrcvtDCyH3Vt2zOOUkYjYcqcoLu3pHLsNjuoJ0v80wEPyzNI8qxL1tnOWD7VitlmJc35SpU7OT4fMl03WyZLvg4kaPqvEZuPfIaoiyS9ncEsvTmzGIARUqqSQt94Cntyn%2FTlqaSm%2BxWm

I'm confused because these are different sellers,and both of them have the same picture of the cap on ebay ????

Gentlemen !! any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Maybe just copied the picture..the second one appears to be from outside the US as the address info says Sialkot - United States. Sialkot is in Pakistan. I recognize the seller and he deals/sells/manufactures badges and caps in Pakistan. Recall seeing him on Facebook ? either they used the same pictures or has two accounts or a US seller for his wares?

Super common for Paki sellers to steal and use legit auction photos to advertise their poorly made products. I bought a repro cap once from India/Pakistan, never again. 

Thank you to all of you for your help but I have another question.I'm not sure if this is a " stupid" question: Were original caps marked on the manufacturer label for the designated branch of service like Air Police or Military Police ? Was that only a manufacturer description and the caps were used by everey MP unit - Army ,Air Force ? Sorry for that " stupid" question but there are that much copies out there.

s-l1600Mp.jpg

Good question. In this case, this 1970 dated Bancroft was probably only used by the USAF. I have an Army MP white top cap from the same era, but it's in storage and I can't remember what's on the label. 

Is it possible the makers added Air Police on the nomenclature tags by then to differentiate between the Army's because they the army's now included those Green and Yellow Branch Bands on the Cap Band?

2 hours ago, patches said:

Is it possible the makers added Air Police on the nomenclature tags by then to differentiate between the Army's because they the army's now included those Green and Yellow Branch Bands on the Cap Band?

Yes, my Army MP cap has the MP color trim around it while USAF AP wouldn't have that. Wish I knew where the heck it is...

• 2 weeks later...
CavalryCombatant
On 1/31/2021 at 10:17 AM, MP25 said:

Hi Doughboy - are you still looking for a white MP duty hat?   If so, PM me.

I have one I'll sell from my collection.

I’m also looking for one to complete a display, if the OP didn’t want it, send me a PM.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:50 PM, CavalryCombatant said:

I’m also looking for one to complete a display, if the OP didn’t want it, send me a PM.

Will do