WWII Japanese 6.5 ammo

spagg

I got lucky yesterday at a local Antique shop and caught a vendor displaying this WWII 6.5 Arisaka ammo. What is really interesting is that the primers are staked? Never seen this before.

Sal

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

Japanese ammo has always been a bit hard to find. The staking appears on post 1941 Japanese made 6.5mm Type 38 cartridge (pointed bullet) according to my brief look at Ken Elks Japanese ammo book. You have the Type 38 cartridge with the pointed bullet, the Type 30 cartridge has a round-nosed bullet, some of those had two stake points.

But this site is for US militaria.

BKW

Charlie Flick

Hello Spagg:

Brian is correct.   Our Forum rules restrict our posts to US militaria topics.  For that reason I am going to lock this thread and it will disappear soon.

Before it disappears, however, I will suggest that you post your photos and comments on our sister forum, World Militaria Forum, which has a sub-forum dedicated exclusively to Japanese weapons and ordnance.  This thread would be very welcome over there.  Here is the link:  https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1637-jpn-swords-weapons/

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation. 

Regards,

Charlie