Hand Grenade Mania!

rldarmstr

Kaptainssurplus

There are a number of sellers trying to over charge for militaria right now. But most real MK2s should be in the $250-350 range unless it is a rare variant. As Costa said it's a common lazy S, but good condition. That is just ridiculous, sellers like that should be outed as a crook. These items just sit there for months if not years without selling. 

This seller has several grenades, and ridiculous prices. I don't know if it's silly, stupid, or plain offensive.

There's also a M6/7 firing device on eBay now, for $420. When it was originally listed, it started at $600. Nuts.

I think if my wife and I "agreed" that I needed to start selling some of my collection, I would likely start listing things for outrageous prices.  "See honey, it's listed but nobody is bidding on these..."

On 1/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Kaptainssurplus said:

There are a number of sellers trying to over charge for militaria right now. But most real MK2s should be in the $250-350 range unless it is a rare variant. As Costa said it's a common lazy S, but good condition. That is just ridiculous, sellers like that should be outed as a crook. These items just sit there for months if not years without selling. 

just sold a yellow over paint for $200 as it was a duplicate.Bottom was drilled for a wood base.

The seller looks like "grey blanket"  and he sells on ebay too,gets pretty stiff prices for stuff.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:45 PM, viking4zero said:

This seller has several grenades, and ridiculous prices. I don't know if it's silly, stupid, or plain offensive.

There's also a M6/7 firing device on eBay now, for $420. When it was originally listed, it started at $600. Nuts.

I recall about a year ago(?) the seller got $600 for a MK2 frag..pretty sure it was him... smokes go for silly money on GB at times. Seems somethings that are not kosher to sell on ebay drift to GB and will get silly bids...same for proxiy bid auctions. Then people at shows price their items according to the "going rate" and bitch they aren't selling something at a show. I personally know many of the show dealers here and some have had the same holsters, M3s, field gear for at least 5 years and havent sold them. If its a show and tell museum thats ok but if they really want to sell it they should realize they are not going to get an auction price and lightining may not strike twice. One guy I have know for 40 years + He does the SOS and when we go to a show each time he returns from the SOS I see the prices are higher on his items.He complains he "cant sell nuthin" at these area shows. "People don't realize condition costs".. well I said If it didn't sell at the SOS for your old price why mark it up for a show here... the reply" thats what I saw it for at the SOS"....     A Forest Gump quote comes to mind...😉

I guess folks can ask whatever they want. It may be show and tell to them, with no intention of selling. He has nice stuff, with reasonable prices it would all be gone. Then what?🤷‍♂️