CSM Cecil Hull

WAHOOMAN

I acquired this grouping a while ago.  It is a grouping to a 27 year U.S. Army Veteran - Command Sergeant Major Cecil Hull.  Cecil Hull was born on July 21, 1922 in Moulton Texas.  CSM Hull was a three war veteran.  Some of his decorations include the Bronze Star w/V device and the Purple Heart.  Based on the items I was able to purchase he was in Vietnam in the early 1960's and was assigned or somehow associated with HQ's MAAG in Vietnam.  Cecil Hull passed on August 8, 2015 and is buried at the Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery.  

Vintage photo of Moulton, Texas

MoultonTX1f.jpg

Photo of Major General Timmes, Chief MAAG, Vietnam, Colonel Parsons - G4 MAAG Vietnam April 1962.  Notice the MAAG Vietnam plaque on the wall.  

Hull1f.jpg

CSM Hull.  Photo taken during his assignment with the U.S. Army Recruiting Service.  The Recruiting Service Badge is Sterling Silver.

Hull2f.jpg

Recruit1f.JPG

Recruit2f.JPG

Western Union Telegram (dated September 10, 1960) from Cecil Hull to his wife Sophie.  Instructions for his wife to obtain visa prior to travel (probably travel to Vietnam).  Was this a accompanied tour during the early years of Vietnam?  

Hull10f.jpg

I also found this interesting Bulletin issued to MAAG Personnel on November 12,1960.  Subject:  Attempted coup of President Diem

Hull11f.jpg

Not sure about these photos, but I believe the Hulls returned to the U.S. from Vietnam on the USNS Gen Daniel I. Sultan.  Some of the photos were taken on Midway Island, probably a stop on Midway on their return trip to the U.S.  Photo of the Sultan.  The other photo is of the Sultan and the white vessel is the C.E. Dant.

USNS1f.JPG

Ships1f.JPG