TL-122A with batteries...

phantomfixer

I am thinking these are period batteries in the TL-122A...the base was frozen in place....a leather band and hose clamp helped free the base without damage...and PB blaster...

Interior is pretty clean....fingers crossed that it will still fire up

MED on the body..owners initials or medical dept?

20210121_194334.jpg

20210121_194351.jpg

20210121_194407.jpg

Nice.  Kinda love that it is down to the bare metals.   

I especially appreciate the leather and hose clamp tip.  Never heard of that technique.  Very useful.

I'm happy that you finally saw the light. Good job fixing it. 

I've picked up 2 WWII era Navy flashlights for a couple of bucks each recently. Kind of caught the bug now. Not only are they cool militaria, they also come in handy when it's dark! 

Mikie

armysoldierant1944

Batteries would usually have a "Use Before" date inked. Do you find anything on the battery? Army batteries for this would be the BA-30 or the Size D as we know it today. BA-30s would have military marked nomenclature.

Hey GM...old trick my grandfather taught me...feel free to put it in your bag of tricks....compliments of Burrhead

Thanks Mikie...and true...it is a collectible with a purpose...

Army, these were sold by Sears...or distributed by Sears...no inked in date, but they are in very good condition and I think from the 40's...totally expected to find the batteries corroded, and modern...they popped right out....a little staining but solid display items...

cheers all..