Update: Signature Status

stratasfan

As you all know by now, the forum received a much-needed software upgrade in April 2020. We're currently working with the software developer to make USMF as easy and user-friendly as possible, within the framework of this new software, while streamlining the server for best possible speed and space usage and mobile-friendly, as well! 

Upon recommendation from this software developer (and after much discussion among the USMF staff), member signatures will no longer be available. On 5 Feb 2021, member signatures on all USMF and WMF accounts will be removed.

Our site now has a better place for sharing your Collecting information in an easily accessed location.  Your Member Profile page has multiple areas for sharing your Collecting & Research Interests, including sections like About Me, My Collections, and My Wish List. This move of personal information to Member Profile pages goes a long way to streamlining forum topics and posts for much faster loading of pages and reduction of server usage.

For details on how to find and edit these new Profile fields, see this "How To" post:

We'd like to encourage all members to personalize their Member Profile pages before February 5. Of course, your Profile page will always be there for you to update at any time, so feel free to play around with different ways of using this great new feature to your best advantage. Don't know where to start? Many of the staff have already filled out their pages for you to see what can be done with your personal space on USMF. A lot or a little, it's your call.

As always, we greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we continue to work on making the USMF website what it needs to be -- a smooth and fast machine with a future. The response from the membership at-large has so far been encouraging and supportive, making it easier for our volunteers to get on with their work of creating a comfortable and efficient experience on USMF for ANOTHER 15 YEARS!