12th AF ike jacket

Wally6

Hello everyone, here's the first uniform of my collection I'd like to post. 

This beautiful 12th AF ike which has sterling-marked gunner wings, an Air Medal, Purple Heart, and 4 campaign stars on the EAME ribbon. I have a list of about 15 possible people this belonged to but I'm still doing the research on it. 

Thanks for checking this out and let me know what you think below!

20210115_144843.jpg

20210115_144938.jpg

20210115_144855.jpg

20210115_144926.jpg

20210115_144919.jpg

20210115_144911.jpg

Beautiful Ike, good luck on the ID, they're always better with a rock solid ID. Good luck on your search, and thanks for sharing!

Hunt

WWIIinterviews

Great looking jacket! Now comes the fun part of researching the original owner and finding out how he received the PH, AM, and those battle stars.

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing more.

CavalryCombatant

Lovely jacket! I bet the veterans seen a lot.  

Is the color brass screw back or clutch back?

Cant wait to see more of your collect,

CC

23 hours ago, 36thIDAlex said:

Great lookin jacket, have you tried using the NARA award card site to narrow your names down based on the PH and AM yet?

Thanks, and I did check out the site but I'm not very good with technology and I found the website confusing/difficult to navigate 

This is a pretty good thread with some troubleshooting help and tips. Hope it helps and good luck in your research, its a great looking Ike.

20 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Lovely jacket! I bet the veterans seen a lot.  

Is the color brass screw back or clutch back?

Cant wait to see more of your collect,

CC

Thanks, and the collar brass is clutch back

I thought aerial gunners were at least sergeants, especially with 2 1/2 years of overseas service? Don't recall seeing a corporal in an aircrew before. 

4 hours ago, MattS said:

I thought aerial gunners were at least sergeants, especially with 2 1/2 years of overseas service? Don't recall seeing a corporal in an aircrew before. 

They were, all airmen that were aircrew were promoted to at least Sergeant. Why this one is a corporal, I'm not sure. I speculate he may have been busted for some bad behavior or something as the most likely explanation. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better idea. I don't really see anything pointing to this uniform being a put together at all, so I think most likely he would have gotten busted down. AIrmen were pretty notorious for some rowdy behavior as having a lot of spare time in between missions led to quite a bit of boredom.