Dachau/ Kaufering IV Liberation Photo Set 12th Armored Division?

THAT GUY

Hello all,

Some of you may have seen this listing on ebay of mine in the past few weeks. I found this at an antique store and upon further research and help from a fellow member on the Facebook page these series of photos were identified as being from Kaufering IV, part of the Dachau sub camp system that the 12th Armored and 101st Airborne Division helped to liberate. 

My question to any of you who can help is this: are these all original? I was told by that member that he had three of these but was not aware of anymore in existence, leading him to believe they were privately made copies from the original negatives taken on that day of Liberation. I would like to get these authenticated and identified to a unit if possible so I can add that to my listing, to be honest. 

Now, I do believe that the man in one of the photos is indeed Colonel Seillers from the 12th Armored Division who can be seen speaking to the assembled German crowds who are about to help with burial details, but taken at a different angle. My photos also show a different angle of the camp commandant there, Johann Eichelsdorfer. 

I appreciate any help or comments that you all could provide. I have attached the other two known and published photos of this day as well that are NOT my photos. 

Sam

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

I think these were somewhat accessible to 12th Armored troops.  My guy says they were taken by maybe a unit photographer and made available to those that wanted them.  I've heard of veterans that had such sets before, but I'm not 100% sure of this is exactly one of those sets.  I'd suggest checking the 12th Armored website and see how many of those pictures show up in they photos section. 

I have a uniform to a man that was there that day. Almost have every single battalion of the division represented.

I couldn't imagine the switch between combat and then coming across this. I am sure they were numb to death but this must have overcome that numbness. 

I do thank you both for the answers. Garandomatic, I went on the Division website and I could not find any photos that match mine exactly but they are for sure part of the same series. I also didn't know I was so close to the museum here in DFW.

Sam

Certain of the photos that were included on this post have been removed.  

Photos of concentration camp dead are beyond the scope of this Forum.