101st Airborne KIA Purple Heart to Silver Star Recipent

Trevor Arendall

Trevor Arendall

Hello all, 

I would like to honor the sacrifice of an American hero by sharing his Purple Heart. Alberto A. Lucero was a Spec. 4 in C Company, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division. Lucero was killed on March 4, 1966 at the Battle of My Phu. Through research I have discovered that he was awarded a Silver Star on the day he made the ultimate sacrifice.

"Lucero, or "Butch" as his close friends called him, shot a grenade round that killed an enemy sniper. After dispatching the Vietcong sniper, he single-handedly took out an automatic weapons post. When he attempted to take the next weapons post, he was fatally shot."

I have included pictures of him and his Purple Heart, summary of service, and John Ordaz Testimony. 

I have found an article that mentions the actions of A and B Company, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry, 101st Airborne on March 4, 1966. However, it does not mention C Company at all. I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what C Company was involved in on March 4, 1966 or lead me in the direction of where I can find such information. Thank you in advance!

https://www.vietnamwar50th.com/education/week_of_march_7/

All comments are welcome! 

Lucero Pic.jpg

Lucero Pic 2.jpg

Lucero.jpg

Lucero 2.jpg

Lucero 3.jpg

Lucero 4.jpg

Lucero 5.jpg