Need help identifying M7 scabbard body marks

GALEM

In late 2017 I purchased an M1 Garand and an Utica Cutlery M1 Bayonet w/ M7 Scabbard at CMP Anniston.  I assumed the bayonet and scabbard were legit despite their "reasonable" CMP sales price ($68).

I have done a fair amount of research on the M7 scabbard, especially for its body markings (see pix below) but cannot identify whose they are or what they mean.  Can anyone identify these markings?

Thanks & best1591081764_Throatpanel(back).jpg.d6535d7b7270248f161e75911c247852.jpg

IMG_2120.JPG

Throat panel (front).jpg

9th Infantry Manchu

Hi Skip, but these are legit scabbard from the 50s right? This type and the E-US type were used by the Greeks for the lendlease Bayos we sent them? Jim

Jim- They are legit scabbards. More than likely replacements for the US M7s that wore out over time. We have to keep in mind some countries used M1s way beyond the US, by many years. Plus,  collectors used whatever scabbards they could find to match with any M1 bayonet they had. Back in the 60s, and 70s and even later, you could buy new surplused M7 scabbards for $2-$3. I did! Militaria was cheap, not like now. Today, "Average Joe" probably would not know the difference between a US, Taiwanese, Greek, Italian, or Danish scabbard. He'd just want the M7 to fit his M1 bayonet.  Now we see them from China matched with bayonets.  SKIP

Galem,

When someone asks me is "this scabbard is ligit, I would take that as shorthand for " Is this scabbard the correct one to have been issued with this M1 bayonet to our troops?" If that were the case, then the answer would be, No.  This scabbard was never issued to US troops.  It is, however, a scabbard that "fits" this M1 bayonet, and is correct enough have been issued to other countries, like Greece.  According to Gary Cunningham's information, the Greeks, in fact, did use this scabbard with US M1 bayonets.  Hope this helps.

Marv