Does anyone recognize this?

boxerdogi

The knurled knob is a typical fitting ( AN standard) for emergency O2 medical /walk around bottles still in use today. A bayonet male fitting , 1/4 turn, would be inserted into it. Crew member O2 masks at fixed stations have a much different fitting. No idea of age.

I will add I used to service the walk around bottles with 1800 psi max O2. I would fill the larger crewmen’s fixed bottles to 3,000 psi and their regulators ( attached to the bottle or a few inches away) were hard lined all the way to the cockpit where the mask box would determine emergency, 100 percent, demand or continuous flow. At that point the O2 output was delivered by the mask box regulator which was very low pressure ( maybe one or two psi.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, 917601 said:

I will add I used to service the walk around bottles with 1800 psi max O2. I would fill the larger crewmen’s fixed bottles to 3,000 psi and their regulators ( attached to the bottle or a few inches away) were hard lined all the way to the cockpit where the mask box would determine emergency, 100 percent, demand or continuous flow. At that point the O2 output was delivered by the mask box regulator which was very low pressure ( maybe one or two psi.

Which type of aircraft?