2x USM1 fixed bail's from a dealer - oppinions needed

Blackhawk

Hi,

I want a matching US M1 helmet for my early war pacific display and found these two helmets.

Can you please have a quick look at it if everything's fine with them?

Also is it true or can you see any signs regarding the stampings / diamond-shaped medical tape of the first helmet, that this was worn in the pacific?

US M1 FB pacific: https://www.lux-military-antiques.com/en/p/usm1-front-seam-fixed-bail-.htm

US M1 FB with Hawley liner: https://www.lux-military-antiques.com/en/p/usm1-fixed-bail-combat-helmet-2.htm

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lukas

The hawley liner helmet looks good for me! 
It‘s a solid 1st pattern hawley liner with nice rayon webbing and an intact chinstrap! 

Bad that the headband is missing. A complete rayon webbing would increase the value!
Those chinstraps are commonly missing as the oftentimes broke because of the poor quality of the liner, holding the chinstrap. 
The shell is a mid-war shell, pretty clean and unused.

I would assume that this is a put together as most mid-war shells were paired with a high-pressure liner by then. 

The price seems also okay! 

Regarding the PTO set I‘m not that sure but there are other members who could chime in more! 
But the whole set looks period to me. 

Yours

Blueprint

I feel this seller marks up his items (at least on German Lids) about 35%. These American ones are pretty fairly priced actually and I see you are in Austri so even better.   He has great offerings though.  I almost bought a Kreigsmarine Camo from them but decided against it at last minute.

Both helmets look great to me. Good condition! Regarding the missing liner parts....I am sure you could find some replacements if you NEEDED to have everything complete with some patience after the fact.  I am Unfamilar w the Diamond PTO designation personally.  Nice finds

Z

Thank you very much for your replies!

Maybe someone can say something about the "PTO" markings!?

It would be great to have a real PTO helmet in my collection.

Best regards,

Lukas

24 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Thank you very much for your replies!

Maybe someone can say something about the "PTO" markings!?

It would be great to have a real PTO helmet in my collection.

Best regards,

Lukas

The “PTO” helmet is very unlikely to be PTO used, the stamp on the inside is for the 31st Infantry Regiment who were captured at Bataan and not reformed until after the war was over. A number of identically marked helmets were purchased out of a storage auction some years ago by members here and there has been discussion about what they are, with National Guard use being what I considered the most likely theory.