Khaki Airborne Garrison Cap- Blue Patch with Black Officer Piping/ Lt Bar WW2 or Korea?

jonsey1776

Just curious on wether this Garrison Cap with Blue Airborne Patch and Black Officer Piping with Lt. Bar is Second World War, or 50s era. Please let me know!

-Curt

image.png.d5a4ee7b574ae55e6f65ac7de03fe990.png

image.png.e8844ad714442a70b595f187aedf6a2c.png

image.png.c262abd31fd01a48073f98f5fddc32cc.png

image.png.8edb867c9df16048c68b9e1c0f82d883.png

image.png.3cc5f1096537b8dc8530b25f3256faa6.png

The cap would date to WWII. The patch could be a WWII example that someone has trimmed out the red or light blue border on. Either that, or the patch is unfinished. I have no idea why it would have been modified to be worn on the cap.

Allan

The more that I look at both of them the more I think it is simply a rare and real variation. Both are still attached. Both are on caps with piping. Maybe a small unit had a batch made? 

This specific Cap/Patch is being sold out of Europe. I am new to this world of collecting. Would you recommend going through with this purchase? 

I think that the seller was relying on people thinking this is a rare variation. I can tell you with confidence that the outer border has been trimmed, but if you think it is real, buy it! Others will be coming I'm sure....

Allan

To be clear, Allan you know I sometimes don’t see the obvious, but are you saying that the red thread on the border was pulled out, with tweezers I suppose, or was it cut off completely thus making the patch smaller?

And should this patch have a khaki backing?

The outer border of these patches was embroidered over the blue background and not as a separate row of stitching. That is why the border of the patch sits higher than the rest of the patch (except where the white embroidered parachute and glider design are also embroidered on top of the base patch). Trimming the border out will not make the patch smaller.

Allan