Non-10th Mountain Division use of WWII Mountain Rucksacks

huntssurplus

Hello,

I was wondering early today what other units used the mountain rucksack that was standard issue for the 10th mountain division. They seem to be fairly common, and so I was wondering who else might of used them.

Well, lo and behold I was reading the “Navy Landing Parties” thread and came across this photo that patches posted of Coast Guardsmen doing a landing on Greenland searching for German personnel.

7e75245bbb2019ccb936c57a54a5dddb.jpg

They are using the Mountain Rucksack in this photo as you can see.

Anyways, anyone else know any other units/branches that used the the mountain rucksack? Feel free to post pictures or just reply if you have any information!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I've seen a good number of photos of soldiers and marines using various mountain rucksacks in Vietnam. Are you interested in that or just WWII?

I've seen a good number of photos of soldiers and marines using various mountain rucksacks in Vietnam. Are you interested in that or just WWII?

Sure that works too! Just curious as to what other uses the mountain rucksack had besides just use with the 10th mountain as I see enough of them that they seem to be common enough I figured they made much more then how many they needed for the 10th mountain, leading me to be piece they had other purpose then just with that division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk