4 Official Headshot Photos of women w/ Unusual Wings

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

I recently ran across these photos. They look like four different women. They're all wearing the same uniform and they all appear to be wearing the same wing. To me it looks like one of the wings with the air field on a banner. I've always thought those were sweetheart wings? Maybe not? Best ABN

SCAN0986 (2).JPG

SCAN0986 (3).JPG

SCAN0986 (4).JPG

SCAN0986 (5).JPG

SCAN0986 (6).JPG

SCAN0986 (7).JPG

Can you read the airfield on the wing, or tell what the insignia on their collar is?  I am not aware of any airlines using such wings, but they could be flight attendants.

Could they have something to do with ROTC as I found this photo of an older sterling pin back AFROTC flight wing that has the same shape as those blue enameled lettered airfield wings.

$T2eC16h,!zQE9s3suEu9BRV6dnrWrQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16h,!zUE9s39!ee0BRV6dt3k-!~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16N,!)cE9s4PsSciBRV6d0KHr!~~60_57.jpg

Very interesting pics and that AFROTC ?2" wing has the right proportions (and probably size) to match the wings in the pic imo.

The blue lettered field wings are smaller (1.5") and the blue lettered "scroll" reaches from wingtip to wingtip, so they do not match the wings in the pics.

Regards

Mike

It looks like the pretty girls are all wearing the same individual jacket, scarf and are sitting in front of a make shift tarp or plastic bag as a background. In fact, I disagree that it is of 4 different girls, I suspect it is 4 poses by the same girl with some alterations in her hair-do and how she is wearing the scarf (look at her eye brows).  This may be some sort of photographer's proof.  No way of knowing for sure, but she is cute.  Probably someone's grandma now!  LOL.

For more than 50 years the ROTC and JROTC units had sponsors. This practice died out by the beginning of the 1970's. Sponsors were usually an attractive female student. They were responsible for the social activities of the unit. Many of these ladies were photographed in the uniforms or specially modified uniforms of the JROTC/ROTC unit they were associated with. I'm betting that's what these photographs portray. 

2 hours ago, mars&thunder said:

For more than 50 years the ROTC and JROTC units had sponsors. This practice died out by the beginning of the 1970's. 

Similarly, Air Force Base Club hostesses used to wear various levels of "uniform."  Sometimes, just a blazer.  Other times a whole ensemble.  It depended on the base.

Although significantly relaxed in this day an age with many clubs closing, some MWR employees still wear a "uniform" of MWR polo shirt and khaki pants.

Chris