New member from Michigan

Custer Division 329 FA D

Custer Division 329 FA D

Hello;

Thank you for the addition. I have been interested in history & Militaria from a young age and aquired my first items when I was around 9 years old. I primarily collect WWI items of the US and Germany and US items from the Spanish American War.  My family history has members that fought in almost every engagement the US has been involved in starting with several great grandfathers on my mothers side, George Springsted who was a grenider in a New York regiment during the revolutionary war.  My two great uncles were in the 85th division 329 FA Battery D during WWI. Among the first items I got as a young boy from my grandmother was my great uncle's (her brother) gas mask and dog tag with his unit ID on the gasmask. I treassure the stories my great uncle Willard related to me of his service in WWII in the tank destroyers and the german Walther pistol he took off of a prisoner.  I look forward to learning form this forum. 

Backtheattack

Hello and welcome to the forum, wish you a nice time here. It`s always good to see both sides of a battlefield like you do with US and German items, so I think your interest in WW2 is the European Theatre.

Custer Division 329 FA D

Thank you. Actually First World War European theater is my primary.  I have an interest in the 85th Division 339th regiment that fought in North Russia primarily because they are a Michigan unit, with a decent first edition collection of memoirs from that campaign.  I have a decent amount of Spanish American war uniforms and personal equipment. There is always that one elusive piece to hunt for in collecting.