Question about these individual pinback ribbons

kfields

Picked these up today for 5 bucks. I'm always looking for smalls to fill out some of my shadow boxes.

All 3 are half-inch. This is the first time I've found ribbons with these safety pin type attachments on back. I believe these to be: USN Expert Pistol Shot, USMC Expeditionary ribbon and WW2 Victory Ribbon.

Any idea where these came from and who made them?

Thanks!

Kim

IMG_20210109_194848343.jpg

IMG_20210109_194920817.jpg

IMG_20210109_194959467.jpg

I have never seen that before.  I don't know that any company used or uses glue to affix ribbon so I would say custom made as that appears to be the case here. 

Is the safety pin connecting anything, or keep the ribbon bounded together at all? I would agree looks to be custom made, I’m guessing the safety pin is most likely meant so it can be pinned like any regular pin back ribbon. I do wonder if maybe the safety pin is keeping it together so the ribbons can be sewn on or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the safety pins are built into the underlying metal tabs.

There also seems to be adhesive holding the ribbons in place.  

I agree, foreign / custom made.

To me it appears that the ribbon is somehow attached by  an adhesive as I don't see any thread attachment or metal clamp holding the ribbon in place. Also like Blacksmith said, the safety pin appears to be built into the underlying base.

The way these were made, it would result in a more flush fit to the uniform it was pinned too.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Kim