Need help with order of battle / souvenired and unit signed Japanese flag

mrwarbooty

24th Inf. Division, Luzon, Philippines -- Souvenired Japanese Flag

Hello All,

I have done some research via Google, but wasn't able to really find the answer that I was looking for…

I have a "souvenired" Japanese flag that came from a vet's son. The vet was PFC. Rudolf C. Bacher, of northern Kentucky, close to Cincinnati. It has listed on it, all the members of "F" Company, 21st Inf. Regiment, 24th Inf. Division. The son indicates that his father took the flag from Bataan, Luzon, in the Philippines. (Whether from the Bataan Peninsula specifically, or the the general region of Bataan, I don't know.) Is there a way, based on Order of Battle, and I guess more importantly, unit members, to determine if the "story" matches reality, at least in theory? My research does indicate that the 24th did see operations in Luzon (Batangas / Nasugbu region), and Corregidor. I'm not sure if elements were in Bataan?? 

Anyway, based on member roster, is there a way to tie this specific Company to an exact time period or location?

Thanks in advance!

Image 134.jpeg

Image 132.jpeg

Image 133.jpeg

Image 135.jpeg

One of the things to consider, is that this is not technically a “signed” flag.  

All of the writing, including the names, is printed by the same hand.  I have seen this most commonly in the case of flags made during occupation, a tribute flag, or one done for a reunion.  

It does not present to me as a ‘capture flag’, but rather something done later.

That is a very nice flag no matter if it was done during the war or just after the end of the war. Ink to cloth is nerve wracking due to bleeding of the ink and being a nice flag like this the detail to penmanship is note worthy.