DIY $10 photo studio

• 3 months later...

My first post to this forum. I found a way to make inexpensive diffused lights. Soft box lights are expensive and they take up a lot of room. These are compact and inexpensive. I use clamp-on lights that you can find at any hardware store. I bought white plasticsalad bowls at the dollar store and white shower caps. Cut a hole in the bottom of the bowl and put the clamp-on light through the hole and screww the top back on. I used white electrical tape to keep it in place. I use Ott light bulbs because they mimic daylight. . Shop the internet because these vary in price. I found some on Amazon that were very reasonable. Cover the bowl with a shower cap. Use a second shower cap to diffuse the light more if needed. You can clamp the lights onto poles, desks, tables or just lay them down across from what ever it is you are photographing. I use two IV poles with wheels that were left over when a family member was ill. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like.

post-157930-0-02166100-1426222822.jpg

post-157930-0-73160300-1426222831.jpg

post-157930-0-70926200-1426223109.jpg

post-157930-0-19152300-1426223364.jpg

My first post to this forum. I found a way to make inexpensive diffused lights. Soft box lights are expensive and they take up a lot of room. These are compact and inexpensive. I use clamp-on lights that you can find at any hardware store. I bought white plasticsalad bowls at the dollar store and white shower caps. Cut a hole in the bottom of the bowl and put the clamp-on light through the hole and screww the top back on. I used white electrical tape to keep it in place. I use Ott light bulbs because they mimic daylight. . Shop the internet because these vary in price. I found some on Amazon that were very reasonable. Cover the bowl with a shower cap. Use a second shower cap to diffuse the light more if needed. You can clamp the lights onto poles, desks, tables or just lay them down across from what ever it is you are photographing. I use two IV poles with wheels that were left over when a family member was ill. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like.

thats way more advanced than i felt like getting so i just threw white t-shirts over some lamps i have lol

but heres my 98 cent photobooth

(I like a black background)

post-125364-0-10720000-1426448829.jpg

picture using it

post-125364-0-71959300-1426448830.jpg

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend