New Monograph Available on the US Navy Specially Meritorious Medal

usmedalman

With great thanks to the many forum members who contributed photographs and information for this project, I would like to announce that Allen Menke and I have completed a new 55-page monograph on the Specially Meritorious Medal.  This monograph provides details on the production history of the medal and details explaining the various die varieties.  A comprehensive section of exhibits includes extracts of original documents and a detailed list of each authorized recipient. The 8.5x11 format allows for dozens of color photos of original medals showing details of the various original varieties and official engraving styles.  Also shown are examples of spurious engravings as well as the specially prepared medal to William Gault for action with Dewey in the Philippines. Spiral bound with a clear front cover and black vinyl rear cover.  Available from Foxfall Press for $23.60, which includes shipping to a CONUS address and PayPal fees.  Send PayPal payment to  [email protected] or you can mail payment by check to: Foxfall Medals, P.O. Box 710, Madison VA 22727. Additional information is available on the posting in the books for sale section of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent read and reference with many details unknown to me. I read through first read in one sitting. Looking forward to more study with it. Well done all around!!