U.S.N. Softball bat

Tony V

Recreation comes in may forms. I fould this just sitting on a table. We all played w00t.gif

Tony

thats different tony dose that say USN on it?

I have a glove maeked USN.Came with a group I bought at a vets auction.He was a Marine.I got his baseball uniform also.Some where I also have a ball marked USN and signed by some team memebers.

RON

John, yes it is marked USN just over Soft Ball. I did find it interesting but I can't date it.

Ron, I bet the uniform looks cool, perhaps you can post a picture of it with the glove and ball.

Tony

Here is the baseball team of the USS MISSISSIPPI for the 1921-22 season. It would be interesting to see how their equipment is marked. Note the variety in the uniforms!

post-211-1233376286.jpg

Nice Lewis.

Never thought about that.. All mine are a aff white wool flannel except my red 6th Marines.. It's grey wool flannel..Every now and then a uniform piece turns up where i got these.. The shortstop pad was there, but its in a building they dont open to the public anymore, so i gotta wait until they bring it up front..

Fins.

Gentleman, great pictures ! twothumbup.gif Thank you for posting them. We all remember that there were a lot of pro players that were in the service and I am willing to bet that they would love to have played in their free time. Or anytime that they could. I understand that there were teems all over and some great games were played during the war. Thinking of it I am willing to bet that we all can name some hi profile players like "Stan the Man", seen pictures of him in uniform.

Tony

Tony,

My uniform is like Lewis's uniform.

The vet I got mine from was named Sturtz.He stated one of the guys on his 1943 team was a pro and played for St.Louis(?)I forgot his name and he (Sturtz)was to write me after moving but never heard from him.He said he had an invite to try out for St.Louis after the war but his father said he would not make any money being a ball player.He never went but was evidently a better than average player.

RON

Ron

I bet you will remember his name when you least expect it. Is it not great how many uniforms that were around ? From the pictures from Lewis and Fins and siege I have to wonder if at the Baseball Hall of Fame they would have any on dsplay that were used by our fighting men and women ? I think they would be somthing to see. History in may ways !

Tony