My Simple Special Forces Den of War

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one showing the 2nd 1-0 vest and black fatigues, thank God Owen and Paul came over, it gave me a reason to spend two days cleaning up, organizing and redressing 4 of the maniquinns, before that, it looked like a bomb went off in there, crap everywhere on the floor, half dressed figures, nothing on the walls!!

what a mess!!

pl

post-2472-1259013213.jpg

Great update Paul .

It only took 15 telephone calls to you to get you motivated to clean up your war room !!!

The last time I had been there it looked like the Kurtzs compound with arms and legs everywhere !!!

notice my Taxi driver m-65 with King Kong company patch ???

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Great update Paul .

It only took 15 telephone calls to you to get you motivated to clean up your war room !!!

The last time I had been there it looked like the Kurtzs compound with arms and legs everywhere !!!

notice my Taxi driver m-65 with King Kong company patch ???

owen

Yea it was a mess, more photos to come, changed around another guy last night and added some stuff to a few more......

paul

Howdy Paul,

Good to see some new pics up of the war room! Love the one of Paul B, Owen and your dogs.

I'm still working on my White Star impression :)

All the best,

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Howdy Paul,

Good to see some new pics up of the war room! Love the one of Paul B, Owen and your dogs.

I'm still working on my White Star impression :)

All the best,

Will

Hey Will,

let me know if I can help, Ive got like 600+ original pix of White Star Id be happy to help ya put together a nice impression :)

paul

post-2472-1259359829.jpg

post-2472-1259359875.jpg

post-2472-1259359906.jpg

Thanks buddy, the photos you provided over e-mail were a great start! I'm reading the passage on Laos in Stanton's US Special Forces in Southeast Asia, and also US Army Special Forces 1961-1971 (Centre for Mil History) which have both been very informative.

Where's the best place to get good repro (or original... ;)) SF insignia? Full color by the way!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

boy did we have a hangover...looks like som one boiled our heads :blink:

another one of Paul Bishop and kammo man and some of my crap LOL

:)

P

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

Hi All

Myself and English Paul went to Pee Wees house and had a great time !!!!

Hangover is a small word but in reality it can thump hard .

Paul and myself hit Jumbos Clown room the night before and only got to bed at dawn before going to see the other paul at nine in the morning via breakfast which did not put a dent in the pain that was to come in the afternoon .

After Kaiser bills and a bit of lunch we went back to LA from San Demas and went to the LA police museum only to see it close before our faces .

There is a display of the North Hollywood Bank heist including all the weapons , uniforms , bank glass and tribute to all the officers from that tragic day .

Meeeting other collectors from other parts of the world is really cool and Paul Bishop is one of those guys that makes the hobby a fruitfull experience .

I am sure I can speak for myself and Paul M and say we both had a great couple of days !!!!

But painfull in the head dept .

owen

I second all of the above and add thanks for the hospitality... and I have a new fave bar.

And all again in January...

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

Thanks buddy, the photos you provided over e-mail were a great start! I'm reading the passage on Laos in Stanton's US Special Forces in Southeast Asia, and also US Army Special Forces 1961-1971 (Centre for Mil History) which have both been very informative.

Where's the best place to get good repro (or original... ;)) SF insignia? Full color by the way!

Will

Trey Moore makes some nice repo ealry cut edge SF SSI's but real ones are still available for 35-45 dollars, the hard part is getting the "Scull & Harp" DI those get a little pricey

hope this helps

paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

oops should be a photo of the yard shirt attached to this post sorry I'll try again, more photo to come, changed around 2 different maniquins, and looking to get another set of Beo Gams this week :)

heres a photo of the yard shirt that belonged to Col Aaron Group Commander,

thanks for looking :)

paul

post-2472-1263019303.jpg