WWII European bring back

rldarmstr

I bought a German Luger from a guy some years ago. It was a WWII bring back. The fellow I bought it from had gotten it from a girlfriend he had, and her father had picked it up during his tour in Europe during WWII.

I wanted to find out more about the girls father.  He has written his name and service number on the inside of the holster flap.  Name was; Sparky Russel.  The service number is barely readable but I traced it back to Little Rock, Ar., which coincides with the location of the man I bought the gun from. Unfortunately, the records for service numbers including the GI that brought this piece back, were destroyed by fire, or so I was told.  The records center in St. Louis was no help either.

If there is anyone on this forum from the Little rock area that can shed light on this GI, what unit he served with, rank, etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

645149377_Luger003.jpg.e39ddc8e2c64a1c457f6e378f4c8adac.jpg

I already went that route. It was assigned in Little rock Ar. The solider that brought the weapon back was from Little rock, as was the man I bought the gun from. The Service number was more readable in years past but I may be able to bring it out with a little creative photo enhancement?

As I said in my original post, the block of numbers that would include the service number in question is no longer available.