M7 Contract Number / Manufacturer?

9th Infantry Manchu

9th Infantry Manchu

Hi I just got a sealed M7 (chipboard box in sealed plastic envelope). Stamped 2-71 with a DAS inked on the box. There was an old contract number marketed out ( DAAF01- and can't read the rest...maybe -68-C-0481) with a new number stamped of DA-11-199-AMC-723. I think that relates to a Conetta M7 but was hoping someone could confirm for me I would appreciate it. Jim

Jim- Just checked Gary Cunningham's book, he has some numbers listed, but I did not see the ones you've listed. There is more info somewhere, have seen it before, but I can't recall at this moment. I'm sure some of the other folks might have it.  SKIP

Jim- Found some information on out  web site. Titled "Help With Bayonet & Knife Contract Numbers"  January 7, 2015.   The Conetta  info shown is,  1005-716-0944, Bayonet-Knife M4, DAAFO1-71-C-0851, A 12/71.  Or look up on internet "USBayonet Cage Code Numbers", it will pull up the earlier threads. Hope this helps.  SKIP

9th Infantry Manchu

Hi Skip, my googlefu must stink. I've searched everywhere like you said and nada. I finally, of all places, found someone selling them on Amazon. Listing pictures in and out of the box Conetta with contract number the same except theirs ends in (w) and is not restamped, and it's dated Sept 67. No DAS on the box either. So I think my mystery is solved. I know it's "only" a M7...but it's been sealed for 50-years (where did the time go) and I didn't want to be the guy to open it lol. Your fedback/support was much appreciated,  Jim