Proposed legislation on restricted sales of medals and decorations?

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Hey y’all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some non-biased sources of information regarding the proposed legislation referred to above? I am creating a persuasive essay on the topic for school and I am looking for some first source information. 

Also if anyone would potentially be interested in giving a statement on their opinion, you can pm me. I’m trying to get a variety of views on the subject, so that would be a big help.

Thanks!

MinorInHistory

Much obliged, though it says I do not have permission to access the content. Is that something on my end that needs to be fixed? 

2 hours ago, MinorInHistory said:

Much obliged, though it says I do not have permission to access the content. Is that something on my end that needs to be fixed? 

Let me look into this . . . 

2 hours ago, MinorInHistory said:

Give the linked thread another try. See if you can see it now!

here is a link in the Forum regarding this topic, if the link does not take it is in Medals and Decorations on the second page.

Ted Cruz introduces (12/10/20) bill to make it illegal to buy or import a US medal or ribbon from a foreign country unless- - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Bear in mind also that this bill was introduced last year with the "old Congress" and died with the old Congress.  It will have to be totally reintroduced since there is a new Congress now in session if I remember correctly. 

4 minutes ago, Bill_Carman said:

here is a link in the Forum regarding this topic, if the link does not take it is in Medals and Decorations on the second page.

Ted Cruz introduces (12/10/20) bill to make it illegal to buy or import a US medal or ribbon from a foreign country unless- - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Bear in mind also that this bill was introduced last year with the "old Congress" and died with the old Congress.  It will have to be totally reintroduced since there is a new Congress now in session if I remember correctly. 

That’s not a functioning link Bill.  It looks like you just copied the topic name.

Blacksmith you are right.  That's what showed when I did a copy and paste of the link.

Anyway, the topic is in Medals and Decorations, go to page 2 and the topic is second or third down from the top.

Sorry for any confusion.